-
compiling kernel
I installed knoppix 3.6 on hard disk.
I tried to recompile kernel: I unpacked source kernel 2.6.11 in /usr/src/linux. I copied /boot/config-2.6.7 there but this is what happens:
root@haus:/usr/src/linux# make menuconfig
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23,
from scripts/basic/fixdep.c:115:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:305:24: asm/socket.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
What do it means? I did the same procedure with debian which worked. What changes in knoppix?
Thank you helping me! I am destroied by this problem...
-
Try: apt-get linux-kernel-headers
If it doesn't help try changing line 305 of /usr/include/bits/socket.h from "#include <asm/socket.h>" to "#include </usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/socket.h>
Similar Threads
-
By tbogue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-15-2009, 03:37 AM
-
By hal8000 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2008, 02:55 PM
-
By Aleramo in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 08:36 AM
-
By voldemort in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By guyr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts
$338.63

LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00