I have Knoppix 3.2 from 3-30 installed to hdd and Nessus works fine for me.
Hi... I've tried to start Nessus (nessusd -D) but none to do.
The standard routine ( nessus-mkcert... and nessus-adduser ) seems to not functions. Anyone knows the problem or use nessus on Knoppix right?
bye
![]()
I have Knoppix 3.2 from 3-30 installed to hdd and Nessus works fine for me.
You've got to be logged in as rot to config nessus.
Open a terminal and su to root then do nessusd -D, nessus-mkcert, and nessus-adduser. Once done close the term and start the proggy from the menu. Log in as the user you made.
Be careful using nessus. It can get you into some serious trouble.
That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning.Originally Posted by Tiger
![]()
Naw, just used it in my SCNP classes.That sounds like a "I've been there and it ain't pretty" kind of warning
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99