Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 2003-04-09-EN md5sum incorrect

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6

    2003-04-09-EN md5sum incorrect

    I have downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-09-EN.iso 3 times now.
    Each time I get dd8af77e3aaf523094d78cbcb522d6c8 as md5sum.

    The correct one should be 85bb88f70913ea540e9224ccadbcdef1

    I used
    wget ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/
    wget ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/knoppix/
    ncftpget ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/knoppix/

    Which md5sum is the correct one?
    Am I the only one which have this problem?

    /hans

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    I have the same problem from two different mirrors. Somewhat unnerving.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Heh; I almost never check the md5sum; I just see if it boots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    I have the same problem from two different mirrors. Somewhat unnerving.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Excerpt from the Knoppix mailing list.

    Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Broken MD5 sum: V3.2-2003-04-09-EN.iso
    From: [email protected]
    (Klaus Knopper)

    On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:53:11PM +0200, Fabian Franz wrote:
    > Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2003 16:54 schrieb Kohjin Yamada:
    > > All,
    > >
    > > Does anyone got a success of MD5 sum on the latest release
    of 003-04-09?
    > >
    > > I have made download three iso's from two different site
    but all of them
    > > have different sum.
    >
    > I noticed this too, but I did go ahead and it was perfect.
    >
    > Though I used the german version.
    >
    > Perhaps you should post the different md5-sums ?

    It's not only the MD5 sums, the ISO-Images of 09-04-2003 are broken.
    Due to a hardware RAM error on the gateway machine, they were
    corrupted
    when being uploaded to the primary mirrors. Luckily, the changed bits
    seem to be in non-vital parts of the Image, but I'm posting an update
    later tonight anyways.

    -Klaus

Similar Threads

  1. Incorrect Root Password
    By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
  2. Sources listed in FAQ for DVD are incorrect ?
    By lark in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 01:55 PM
  3. md5sum on 3.3-2003-11-14 is wrong or what ?
    By marians in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 08:57 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  5. incorrect block size
    By grungy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 06:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99