Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 2003-04-09-EN md5sum incorrect

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6

    2003-04-09-EN md5sum incorrect

    I have downloaded KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-04-09-EN.iso 3 times now.
    Each time I get dd8af77e3aaf523094d78cbcb522d6c8 as md5sum.

    The correct one should be 85bb88f70913ea540e9224ccadbcdef1

    I used
    wget ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/
    wget ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/knoppix/
    ncftpget ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/knoppix/

    Which md5sum is the correct one?
    Am I the only one which have this problem?

    /hans

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    I have the same problem from two different mirrors. Somewhat unnerving.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Heh; I almost never check the md5sum; I just see if it boots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    I have the same problem from two different mirrors. Somewhat unnerving.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Excerpt from the Knoppix mailing list.

    Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Broken MD5 sum: V3.2-2003-04-09-EN.iso
    From: [email protected]
    (Klaus Knopper)

    On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:53:11PM +0200, Fabian Franz wrote:
    > Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2003 16:54 schrieb Kohjin Yamada:
    > > All,
    > >
    > > Does anyone got a success of MD5 sum on the latest release
    of 003-04-09?
    > >
    > > I have made download three iso's from two different site
    but all of them
    > > have different sum.
    >
    > I noticed this too, but I did go ahead and it was perfect.
    >
    > Though I used the german version.
    >
    > Perhaps you should post the different md5-sums ?

    It's not only the MD5 sums, the ISO-Images of 09-04-2003 are broken.
    Due to a hardware RAM error on the gateway machine, they were
    corrupted
    when being uploaded to the primary mirrors. Luckily, the changed bits
    seem to be in non-vital parts of the Image, but I'm posting an update
    later tonight anyways.

    -Klaus

Similar Threads

  1. Incorrect Root Password
    By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
  2. Sources listed in FAQ for DVD are incorrect ?
    By lark in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 01:55 PM
  3. md5sum on 3.3-2003-11-14 is wrong or what ?
    By marians in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 08:57 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  5. incorrect block size
    By grungy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 06:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus picture

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus

$64.95



Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts

$71.95



Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010 picture

Vintage Apple III Joystick Cursor III - A3M0010

$99.00



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage

$99.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00