-
Initrd after kernel rebuild?
I have a knoppix hd-install, which I operate with kernel 2.6.5. Now I wanted to switch to kernel 2.6.8 and did the following:
Code:
apt-get install kernel-source-2.6.8
(worked ok)
I then made a soft-link from /usr/src/linux to the dir of the new kernel source /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8 and did
Code:
make dep clean
make bzImage
make modules modules_install
mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.6.8.img 2.6.8
Then I copied the new kernel into /boot and renamed it to /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8
In GRUB menu.lst I copied the existing entry for the kernel 2.6.5, modified it to the above mentioned kernel name and changed the line with initrd
Code:
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.8 root=/dev/hde5 ro ramdisk_size=100000
initrd /initrd-2.6.8.img
It looks as if I missed something. I only get a blank screen when trying to boot - not even an error message.
All help will be much appreciated.
Juerg
Similar Threads
-
By WoofDeF in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 08:37 PM
-
By sonny73044 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 05:10 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:30 PM
-
By Hackepeter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 06:38 PM
-
By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00