Try: apt-get linux-kernel-headers
If it doesn't help try changing line 305 of /usr/include/bits/socket.h from "#include <asm/socket.h>" to "#include </usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/socket.h>
I installed knoppix 3.6 on hard disk.
I tried to recompile kernel: I unpacked source kernel 2.6.11 in /usr/src/linux. I copied /boot/config-2.6.7 there but this is what happens:
root@haus:/usr/src/linux# make menuconfig
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23,
from scripts/basic/fixdep.c:115:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:305:24: asm/socket.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
What do it means? I did the same procedure with debian which worked. What changes in knoppix?
Thank you helping me! I am destroied by this problem...
Try: apt-get linux-kernel-headers
If it doesn't help try changing line 305 of /usr/include/bits/socket.h from "#include <asm/socket.h>" to "#include </usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/socket.h>

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Lot Of (8) Mixed RAM Spacer DDR4 2666 Micron 2400T Samsung 2133P Desktop Server
$880.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$260.00