Try: apt-get linux-kernel-headers
If it doesn't help try changing line 305 of /usr/include/bits/socket.h from "#include <asm/socket.h>" to "#include </usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/socket.h>
I installed knoppix 3.6 on hard disk.
I tried to recompile kernel: I unpacked source kernel 2.6.11 in /usr/src/linux. I copied /boot/config-2.6.7 there but this is what happens:
root@haus:/usr/src/linux# make menuconfig
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23,
from scripts/basic/fixdep.c:115:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:305:24: asm/socket.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
What do it means? I did the same procedure with debian which worked. What changes in knoppix?
Thank you helping me! I am destroied by this problem...
Try: apt-get linux-kernel-headers
If it doesn't help try changing line 305 of /usr/include/bits/socket.h from "#include <asm/socket.h>" to "#include </usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386/socket.h>

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-4800 SO-DIMM PC5-38400 RAM M425R2GA3BB0-CQKOL
$349.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00