-
Junior Member
registered user
Is there nobody who knows how to get this to work?
-
I have done this
Hello from Canada Gunsmoke!
I have been working on this stuff lately too, and figured it out. Unfortunately my instructions are still pretty rough (I will post them all in this forum when done). I hope this helps:
---------------------------
The menu’s in KDE and possibly other window managers are generated dynamically by the ‘menu’ script. You cannot use normal methods of remastering to change the menu’s, and most move to a different method. I got around this by doing 2 things:
a) Commenting out lines 125-150 (rsync block) in /remaster/etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
b) Create your remastered CD, and boot from it on a different PC then you remaster from. It will have the default menu's the first time. Don't worry. Use KDE menu editor to customize them, as you would like them to be. Also, use the KDE Control Center for any other changes you want (wallpaper, etc). When you are done, put a USB key in the drive. The system will automount it, showing you the name of the partition(s) on it. These will likely be /dev/sda1, or something similar.
c) Use the Knoppix "Save Configuration"(KMenu --> KNOPPIX --> Configure --> Save Knoppix Confguration OR run 'saveconfig') script to save your configuration to the USB key. I save 'Personal Configuration', 'All Files on Desktop', and other to my USB partition. This will create 2 files: configs.tbz and knoppix.sh.
d) Get these files back to your 'remaster' box, and copy them to "/remaster/KNOPPIX.build/Knoppix.Master/KNOPPIX-CUSTOM/KNOPPIX/" directory. Now, rebuild and remaster your CD again. From here they should be run on EACH boot, and will take affect.
----------------------------------------------------
Sorry for any grammer mistakes. Like I said, this is kind of a work in progress.
Mike.
-
Obviously can't count
Oops..
In the above post, I was editing on the fly....so where I said "2 steps", it should read "4 steps".
-
GunSmoke,
Which version of knoppix are you using?
Sorry, but I think I was misunderstood. I didn't mean deleting the line 26, I meant deleting 26 lines counting from the 200th.
Anyway, if you are using knoppix version 3.7 or 3.81 you should maybe give a try on the script I mentioned, which remasters your hd installed knoppix.
Cheers.
-
Junior Member
registered user
thanks for your help, guys.
I am hearted. and deep impressed.
I am working on remastering locaization knoppix for korean from ver 3.7 till 3.9. and I try out UnderScore's way from ver 3.8. maybe it is the best way in my job, I think.
ps. Actually I am marvelous that you guys understand what I mean. I am really poor at English!!
-
Junior Member
registered user
any 1 figure this out yet w/o using saveconfig
any 1 figure this out yet w/o using saveconfig??
-
Junior Member
registered user
comment out 26 lines
meaning commenting out #s 200-226 correct?
-
Junior Member
registered user
can you make iso
sorry about the post frequency after you emove the 36 lines is that just for hddinstall or does it work for remaster live cd and running off cd also if i use the other method with saveconfig and use the backup settings method will i be limiting myself on alternate computers ie does it save xserver settings like which videocard drivers i use or is all stored in xf86config?
-
Another way to do this is to copy the knoppix source to HD, then chroot from your normal linux installation. Go to the directory /usr/share/applnk, and add directories there. They will become first level entries in the KDE menu. In them, place the applinks you like, and each one will appear as an entry under the main menu item. To see the format for an applink, open an existing one with a text editor. HTH, M.
-
Junior Member
registered user
hi all,
I tried to remove the kmenu items, but certain items still remain in the kmenu like bookmarks, quick browser, run command, switch user, how can i remove these items???,Also the separator with heading "actions ""all applications" r"eceently used application" are also there, plz help me to remove these
another question is how to remove the icons from the task bar????
then the desktop icons shwoing the trash, cdrom floppy and hdd icons
plz help
(i am trying to cusstomize knoppix 3.9)
Similar Threads
-
By hal8000 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2007, 12:16 AM
-
By Dredman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2006, 10:23 PM
-
By maxmartin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2006, 03:25 AM
-
By andig in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 05:39 PM
-
By ykhov in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99