-
can't open file for writing
I get the error "can't open file for writing" when I try to change a file on a remaster of Knoppix 3.4 under the root user. Is there a way to prevent this error from occuring? It happens when I try to edit a file with vi editor. I understand the fact that this error occurs because i'm attempting to modify a file that has read-only permissions. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to knoppix to avoid this error after I make a remaster?
Thanks in Advance.
I just noticed that I can edit the file if it is located in the /home/knoppix directory. Is there a way set the permissions on the usr/local/etc/ to be similar to /home directory?
Similar Threads
-
By orzz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
-
By Mr_White in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2005, 01:26 AM
-
By Bidi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 10:15 PM
-
By cainniac in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99