Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem after adding new kernel

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2

    Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem after adding new kernel

    Hi all,

    I've followed the 'Remaster from Hd Install HowTo' and the 'Knoppix Custom Kernel Howto' to create a Knoppix LiveCD that would run RTAI Hal for Linux kernel v. 2.4.7. After installing the Knoppix CD to my hard drive I was able to boot the new kernel with RTAI. However, when I followed the Remaster from Hd Install HowTo to burn a new Knoppix CD with the RTAI kernel, I keep getting the message: 'Can't find Knoppix filesystem'.
    Here's what I have tried:
    knoppix nodma
    knoppix noscsi
    knoppix idecd
    knoppix bootfrom=/dev/cdrom/KNOPPIX

    However, if I have an existing Knoppix tohd installation on a drive, I can boot my RTAI kernel with no problem off of the CD (it uses the KNOPPIX directory from toHD). This problem just seems to be that the linuxrc cannot find KNOPPIX on the CD! I've checked the file-system structure of the original downloaded KNOPPIX CD and my copy, they are identical. Furthermore, I've tried reburning the CD to see if it was a burn error....no luck. I've also tried other computers with no luck

    Any ideas/suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Alex

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2
    BTW, I'm using kernel 2.4.27 NOT 2.4.7 (typo).
    Found out that cloop.o wasn't compiled properly. Upon recompiling and re-inserting in the minirt everything worked fine!

    Alex

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By djduke36 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 08:32 PM
  2. Custom Kernel 2.6.23 - Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, v5.1
    By Amo666 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
  3. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
  4. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
    By boomer777 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 10:26 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.6 remaster - 2.6 kernel can't find filesystem?
    By PMT in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, AUMOX PRO Home 5|5*1G Port, Black picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, AUMOX PRO Home 5|5*1G Port, Black

$8.95



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99