It's my fault. I should have seen it....

...but i didn't. Now 4 hours of my life got flushed down the crapper because I assumed another person besides myself or my crew actually has a clue. My mistake. I admit it.

See if you can guess the flaw! It's like sending instructions to set up a dvd player on a dvd :P

Ok, don't guess. I wasted 4 hours, there's no reason you should waste your time

The HD install is, and always will be a READ ONLY SYSTEM! Hard disk install or not! All this crap about doing apt-get/dselect, etc.... IT WILL NOT WORK! It behaves like a LIVE CD! Do apt-get with a booted Knoppix CD and see what happens!

Well same with THIS "howto".

Howtos are NOT for "theoretical speculation"

*Rolls eyes*

Well I'll send a big "thanks for nothing" to the author. and warn you, the reader not to waste your time. You don't get it back, you know! :P