Are you running from the CD? QTparted will not work on drives that are in use or even mounted so run from the CD then use QTparted on the unmounted HD.
I'm trying touse QTParted to reduce the size of my main partition, and make room for another partition.
I have a 37(ish) gig partition formatted ext3 and 1gig(ish) of swap.
I want to reduce the 37gb partition, currently selected as "active", but I'm not sure how. When I right click the partitions, the "resize" option only shows for the swap.
Thanks,
Mark
Are you running from the CD? QTparted will not work on drives that are in use or even mounted so run from the CD then use QTparted on the unmounted HD.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99