-
HELP! won't write to correct partition
My aim: I want to set up my machine as a server with the web directory in a partition that spans a 200 GB WD-HD (/dev/hdd1). I've got the OS and swap partitions, etc., on a 40 GB Fujitsu HD (/dev/hdc1, /dev/hdc2, etc.).
My problem: When I write to /mnt/hdd1 (using FTP over SSH or Samba or whatever), the FTP client shows the written files as being written to /mnt/hdd1, BUT THEY'RE NOT REALLY BEING WRITTEN TO THAT PHYSICAL DRIVE (I think), because the /mnt/hdc1 partition gets filled up as I write the files. I "watch" this happening from the command line using #df, which shows that more and more space on /hdc1 is being used ... right up until it fills up.
How can I fix this and ensure that I can write to my 200 GB partition on /dev/hdd1?
There's a ton of other moves I've tried, and data I've gathered; but I won't post it all here unless I learn that it's relevant.
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By cobra_brad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 02:49 AM
-
By trant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
-
By redsnake in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By tenui in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 06:05 AM
-
By Peterobe in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 02:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00