-
jjmac, your question about mounting was right on. Using #mount got me on track: I didn't realize that I needed not just to access the partition through /mnt/hdd1 but also needed to issue the #mount /dev/hdd1 command. I've now changed my fstab to auto mount, and all works well. Thanks!
I think before I changed this, the files were being written to the /mnt/hdd1 DIRECTORY in a different partition rather than to /dev/hdd1!!! (Idiotic, I know! But I'm a PHP developer finally getting around to running my own server, handicapped by a Window$ background.)
Similar Threads
-
By cobra_brad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 02:49 AM
-
By trant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
-
By redsnake in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By tenui in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 06:05 AM
-
By Peterobe in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 02:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98