I think the problem is related by 'users'
if yolu boot into knoppix as root and the run X window
boot: knoppix init 3
sh-3.00# startx
this does not happen at all.
I did test it a number of times with a tested CD
See you
Hi *,
I
1._ downloaded knoppix version 3.9 en from kernel.org
2._ checked md5sums
3._ run the cheat code "knoppix testcd" to make sure the installation was fine
(by the way it took me a number of tests/CDs (and time!!!) to get it right and I tried computers with different amounts of RAM (from 2Gb to 128Mb), different OSs (Windows, knoppix, Redhart) (apparently the golden looking CDs are better (how do you know for sure why this happens?)))
then, in order to test it (I will be using as baseline for remastering (check my previous posts)), started the default KDE graphical environment and went over each menu (without starting the applications themselves).
I notice Knoppix would crash even freezing the box especially when I went
K Menu -> Quick Browser -> Root Folder -> dev
K Menu -> System Configuration
My box would freeze.
How could you get details messages/logs of the reason why this is happening?
Is this something that relates to KDE or to the underlying apps?
I do notice, for some reason, many people prefer to use previous versions for remastering. Why? Is there a sortable html table out there with the comparisons of the different versions (kernel used, packeges ...)
Thanks
Albretch
I think the problem is related by 'users'
if yolu boot into knoppix as root and the run X window
boot: knoppix init 3
sh-3.00# startx
this does not happen at all.
I did test it a number of times with a tested CD
See you

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00