Same problem here with v3.8.1. No idea what might be the problem.
I can create a config on a floppy in Knoppix 3.7, 3.8, and 3.8.1 but it won't load at boot.
Knoppix floppyconfig returns the following:
"File system not autodetected, trying to mount /dev/fd0 withAES256 encryption."
It then asks for a 20 character password, but nothing works.
What am I doing wrong?
I don't have this problem with earlier versions.
Same problem here with v3.8.1. No idea what might be the problem.
I'm having the same problem. My config discs work with 3.7 but are not recognised with 3.8.1. I get exactly the same error message as the first post. I'd like to get 3.8 working as it contains FF and TB.
3.8.1 is now available on the mirrors. I've downloaded it and burnt a CD. Unfortunately, same problem - the floppy isn't recognised as having a valid filesystem. I'm afraid I'm heading back to XP, where I have FF, TB and OOo and everything works fine.
I get the same message with 3.8.1; however, 3.7 works OK. On boot-up, I get four messages about "modprobe failed . . . xxx not a directory".
Wesley Aman
There's a solution in thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18313, in the General Support section, courtesy of harryhood.
Well, floppyconfig is still broke but a USB drive works pretty good for config saving. I have problems withOriginally Posted by Alan Harrison
using it as a persistent home dir tho..........
Originally Posted by harryhood
It is still broke in 3.8.2, has anybody figured this out? The USB stick is not practical for my situation, and I really don't want to go back to 3.3 (the last ver that worked perfectly for me) if I can help it.
Floppyconfig is still broken in 3.9
FWIW, I now have 3.7 working on the machine that I need the floppyconfig. But only with the 2.4 kernal, I tried with 2.6 kernal and got the same errors that showed up in 3.8. So it might be something inherent to the 2.6 kernal or something left out in the kernal setup.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99