Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Floppyconfig problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7

    Floppyconfig problem

    I can create a config on a floppy in Knoppix 3.7, 3.8, and 3.8.1 but it won't load at boot.
    Knoppix floppyconfig returns the following:
    "File system not autodetected, trying to mount /dev/fd0 withAES256 encryption."
    It then asks for a 20 character password, but nothing works.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I don't have this problem with earlier versions.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4
    Same problem here with v3.8.1. No idea what might be the problem.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    10
    I'm having the same problem. My config discs work with 3.7 but are not recognised with 3.8.1. I get exactly the same error message as the first post. I'd like to get 3.8 working as it contains FF and TB.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    10
    3.8.1 is now available on the mirrors. I've downloaded it and burnt a CD. Unfortunately, same problem - the floppy isn't recognised as having a valid filesystem. I'm afraid I'm heading back to XP, where I have FF, TB and OOo and everything works fine.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Seattle, USA
    Posts
    2
    I get the same message with 3.8.1; however, 3.7 works OK. On boot-up, I get four messages about "modprobe failed . . . xxx not a directory".

    Wesley Aman

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    10
    There's a solution in thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18313, in the General Support section, courtesy of harryhood.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Harrison
    There's a solution in thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18313, in the General Support section, courtesy of harryhood.
    Well, floppyconfig is still broke but a USB drive works pretty good for config saving. I have problems with
    using it as a persistent home dir tho..........

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Harrison
    There's a solution in thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18313, in the General Support section, courtesy of harryhood.
    Well, floppyconfig is still broke but a USB drive works pretty good for config saving. I have problems with
    using it as a persistent home dir tho..........

    It is still broke in 3.8.2, has anybody figured this out? The USB stick is not practical for my situation, and I really don't want to go back to 3.3 (the last ver that worked perfectly for me) if I can help it.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7
    Floppyconfig is still broken in 3.9

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8
    FWIW, I now have 3.7 working on the machine that I need the floppyconfig. But only with the 2.4 kernal, I tried with 2.6 kernal and got the same errors that showed up in 3.8. So it might be something inherent to the 2.6 kernal or something left out in the kernal setup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix floppyconfig
    By lost n the desert in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 09:12 PM
  2. floppyconfig best method?
    By Sw@ppa in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
  3. floppyconfig
    By harryhood in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 09:28 PM
  4. how to boot with floppyconfig
    By redss in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 08:27 PM
  5. Floppyconfig
    By Boffy655 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON picture

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON

$149.99