Robert, this workaround is great; it works on the 3.9 CD and the 4.0 DVD. This floppyconfig problem has been kicked around here and elsewhere on the Net for months now, and I must confess to being one of those many talkers who had no plan of action. Some people might question the value of floppy storage at all when pendrives can hold so much more data, but 1M is usually enough for almost any Knoppix configuration, and a floppy slips nicely into a standard sized jewel box along with the disk. Also of note is the fact that your resolution was clearly and logically presented. Free and Open Source Software (I like that acronym FLOSS) has not been accepted as widely as it should because poor documentation (as well as really poor and absolutely pathetic documentation) is more the rule than the exception in the GNU-LINUX-BSD cosmos, but if you address many more problems with resolutions such as this then I won't be able to whine about documentation anymore either.