-
how to remove /boot/knoppix.{img,sh}
Hi,
A while ago I played around with Knoppix - and somehow caused it to write down its image into my /boot directory:
Code:
# ls -la /boot
total 90862
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 1024 Dec 2 19:06 .
drwxr-xr-x 26 root root 4096 May 3 12:21 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 56950 Oct 21 2005 config-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 50929 Nov 3 2004 config-2.6.9-1.667
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39437 Mar 21 2005 configs.tbz
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Dec 2 19:07 grub
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 982829 Dec 2 01:24 initrd-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3.img
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 970344 Mar 21 2005 initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 85983232 Mar 22 2005 knoppix.img
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 462 Mar 21 2005 knoppix.sh
drwx------ 2 root root 12288 Mar 21 2005 lost+found
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 765359 Oct 21 2005 System.map-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 714266 Nov 3 2004 System.map-2.6.9-1.667
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1660241 Oct 21 2005 vmlinuz-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1405861 Nov 3 2004 vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667
This unfortunately caused the boot partition to be full:
Code:
/dev/hda1 99M 95M 0 100% /boot
Could you tell me, how to remove it again?
Can I just erase the knoppix.* files with
or should I delete them using some other procedure?
How about the other files - are they all necessary?
Thanks, Dietrich
-
Junior Member
registered user
These files was created when you set up a persistent home. In my case, whenever I think I messed up, I'ld just delete these files and when I boot up the live CD, I am back to original state.
-
Thanks, I just removed them with
Code:
# rm /boot/knoppix.*
and everything seems to work fine
- Dietrich
Similar Threads
-
By artik in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-14-2006, 10:43 PM
-
By ldonkers in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 02:35 AM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:48 AM
-
By wen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 12:57 AM
-
By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Comp Rainbow Black Canvas Leather Laptop Briefcase Messenger Bag
$49.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

3 Boxes-Vintage Apple Claris Macwrite MacPaint MacDraw - Sealed - NOS Rare 1988
$74.99