-
booting knoppix 3.8.1 in a VMware guest crashes RH 9.0 host
the host, (RH 9) is also running linux-2.6.11. Vmware is VMware workstation 4.5. The virtual machine boots knoppix-3.7 without problems. If I boot the knoppix 3.8.1 iso image (no changes to the virtual machine config) then the _host_ completely hangs shortly after knoppix logs the detection of AGP.
I have disabled a whole variety of functions: acpi=off, nousb, nopcmcia, noagp ... no difference! complete hangs all the time. Selecting the alternate kernel (linux-2.6.1) yields the same results.
A side remark: I tried to install knoppix 3.8.1 on a different machine using knoppix-installer. That machine was successfully running an installed knoppix 3.7 before. During installation I received tons of error messages, permission denied, files not found, directories not existing.... and... yes, of course I did a "sudo su" before I was running knoppix-installer. The installation somehow finished.. needless to say that the endresult didn't render a bootable system.
Similar Threads
-
By wannessmet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
-
By solutiondev in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
-
By grantonstar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Dell PERC H710 / H730 RAID Controller with Battery Backup Unit (DP/N: 037CT1)
$20.00