-
Sound on the IBM 600e
Well this is how I got the sound to work on my Thinkpad 600E.
Open a shell and logon as root and type
insmod sound
insmod ad1848
insmod uart401
insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2-0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
this will load the correct drivers, however you will have to enter this everytime you reboot so if anyone out there has a script that will run these commands on boot I would appreciate hearing from you.
Update: I finally got the mods above to load at boot what I did was create a file with the above commands and saved it as cs4232 in the /etc folder and made it executable.
Then cd to /etc/rc5.d and ran
ln -s /etc/cs4232 S98cs4232
this created the symlink and I then rebooted the laptop and sound loaded on start.
[b]How do create the file and make the saved file executable?Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Mankal in forum Laptops
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-02-2006, 06:24 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By iansoutar in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:08 AM
-
By fred7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08