Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Missing keymap

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15

    Missing keymap

    Evening Folks

    I've got Knoppix 3.7 installed. In KDE I've specified that I want to use the Swiss German keyboard layout and it works just fine. However, when I go to console (Ctl-Alt-F1, etc), I appear to have an English/American layout.

    The solution seems to be to load the correct keymap which, in my case, would be de_CH.kmap.gz. But I don't have this keymap (NO idea where KDE gets the right layout from...)

    So my questions are: Which is the right keymap for Swiss German and Where can I get it?

    Thanks
    Joe

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15
    *bumpity*

    Anybody?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Gentoo suggest sg-latin1!

    I'd give it a go.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15
    I'll try that. Thanx.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15
    And it worked! Thanks a lot.

Similar Threads

  1. Missing Directories
    By AndersonSS in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 05:25 PM
  2. missing from my Knoppix CD???
    By finder in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 09:18 PM
  3. keytab-lilo returns "Keymap is empty" for many lan
    By steveO in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2004, 04:42 PM
  4. PUMP Missing, what to do next?
    By JockVSJock in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 09:23 AM
  5. Changing keymap on the fly? (without the kde panel)
    By mithrill in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 05:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC picture

Dell Wyse 5070 Thin Client Pentium J5005 8GB RAM 128GB SSD w/Power Win 10 LTSC

$62.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666MHz (8 X 2) (Black) - 2 Sticks picture

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666MHz (8 X 2) (Black) - 2 Sticks

$60.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description  picture

Micron and SK hynix RAM 56GB (4x8GB) (2x4GB) see description

$135.00