-
Ramdisk needed if HOME moved?... NOT answered
If I mount home & var dirs. on a HD partition, can I unmount the ramdisk?
-
CONFUSED reply
Apparently the ramdisk is used to decompress the cloop file to so the files
can be run, I though the cloop file WAS a live file system & used directly.
This is little different from using a gzip file & decompressing parts of it to
a ramdisk to use, there are programs in WinBlows that do this with pkzip.
NOW I read in: "OptimalMans HD install" that he's unmounting the ramdisk
after moving & linking all that's in it to the HD!
IF THIS WORKS, & I ASSUME IT DOES OR IT WOULDN'T BE POSTED,
then RAMDISK CAN'T BE USED FOR CLOOP READING.
Can someone please clarify this for me, I'd really like to know!
Similar Threads
-
By Drezliok in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 05:36 PM
-
By psycofirek in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 05:25 PM
-
By awreneau in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 08:48 PM
-
By darthczyz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 08:31 PM
-
By talismand in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98