Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: saved myconfig, term. server won't start...SOLVED

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    saved myconfig, term. server won't start...SOLVED

    I setup term. server & ether card, then did the "Save KNOPPIX Configuration"
    in the menu, rebooted & typed at prompt;
    boot: knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda3 home=/dev/hda3/knoppix.img

    I booted the client & it wouldn't boot from the term. server.
    Knoppix 3.3 poormans HD install on /hda1, & booting from floppy.
    It works fine when I manually set it up, does the
    "save config." not work for the T. server? .......... What am I missing?

    === SOLVED:
    ACTUALLY the config. was saved, term. server just wasn't starting.
    The config file "/mnt/hda3/knoppix.sh" can be used to run commands
    & shell scripts at boot, yours may be in a different place from mine.

    In this file I put the line: /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver start
    The term. server now starts automatically.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    auto reply

    I've looked all over & seen a lot of people asking this same question.
    I haven't seen any answers though, seems such a simple thing.
    The saved Knoppix configuration doesn't seem to be configuring the
    term. server or ether card, thought maybe it just wasn't starting them.

    Here's a web link to a setup using "/knoppix/knoppix.sh" to run scripts
    at boot that could be used to configure all kinds of Knoppix stuff.
    http://staff.washington.edu/gray/KnoppixCFguide.html

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

    I found the file: /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver is what the menu item
    "Start Terminal Server" runs.
    Experimenting I guessed that it might take command line arguments, it did!

    To configure the term. server just run the file & the GUI dialogs will startup.

    To start the term. server the command is: knoppix-terminalserver start.

    I ran the menu items: Save Knoppix Configuration & Create Persistant Home
    to restore Knoppix's configuration setup & home directory when rebooting.
    The file knoppix.sh stores config. info & is run at boot, so just add commands
    to it & they're run at boot, my file is at /mnt/hda3, yours is where you put it.

    I added at the bottom of knoppix.sh the line: knoppix-terminalserver start
    The term. server & ether config. are restored & the term. server is started.

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED]Starting X applications when the X server is started
    By smhall05 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
  3. how do i start the FTP server?
    By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 09:51 AM
  4. Term server Hdd?
    By Shredder958 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM
  5. term server err, maybe a vmware issue?
    By jimmydean in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Lenovo IB660ML LGA 1700 mATX Intel DDR5 Motherboard With CPU Fan (NO CPU) picture

Lenovo IB660ML LGA 1700 mATX Intel DDR5 Motherboard With CPU Fan (NO CPU)

$100.00



Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H AMD Ryzen Motherboard picture

Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H AMD Ryzen Motherboard

$49.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$81.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard picture

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard

$55.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00