Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: saved myconfig, term. server won't start...SOLVED

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    saved myconfig, term. server won't start...SOLVED

    I setup term. server & ether card, then did the "Save KNOPPIX Configuration"
    in the menu, rebooted & typed at prompt;
    boot: knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda3 home=/dev/hda3/knoppix.img

    I booted the client & it wouldn't boot from the term. server.
    Knoppix 3.3 poormans HD install on /hda1, & booting from floppy.
    It works fine when I manually set it up, does the
    "save config." not work for the T. server? .......... What am I missing?

    === SOLVED:
    ACTUALLY the config. was saved, term. server just wasn't starting.
    The config file "/mnt/hda3/knoppix.sh" can be used to run commands
    & shell scripts at boot, yours may be in a different place from mine.

    In this file I put the line: /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver start
    The term. server now starts automatically.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    auto reply

    I've looked all over & seen a lot of people asking this same question.
    I haven't seen any answers though, seems such a simple thing.
    The saved Knoppix configuration doesn't seem to be configuring the
    term. server or ether card, thought maybe it just wasn't starting them.

    Here's a web link to a setup using "/knoppix/knoppix.sh" to run scripts
    at boot that could be used to configure all kinds of Knoppix stuff.
    http://staff.washington.edu/gray/KnoppixCFguide.html

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

    I found the file: /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver is what the menu item
    "Start Terminal Server" runs.
    Experimenting I guessed that it might take command line arguments, it did!

    To configure the term. server just run the file & the GUI dialogs will startup.

    To start the term. server the command is: knoppix-terminalserver start.

    I ran the menu items: Save Knoppix Configuration & Create Persistant Home
    to restore Knoppix's configuration setup & home directory when rebooting.
    The file knoppix.sh stores config. info & is run at boot, so just add commands
    to it & they're run at boot, my file is at /mnt/hda3, yours is where you put it.

    I added at the bottom of knoppix.sh the line: knoppix-terminalserver start
    The term. server & ether config. are restored & the term. server is started.

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED]Starting X applications when the X server is started
    By smhall05 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
  3. how do i start the FTP server?
    By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 09:51 AM
  4. Term server Hdd?
    By Shredder958 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM
  5. term server err, maybe a vmware issue?
    By jimmydean in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW picture

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW

$44.99



Samsung 870 EVO 1TB, 2.5 inch Internal SSD picture

Samsung 870 EVO 1TB, 2.5 inch Internal SSD

$135.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR

$206.00



SAMSUNG XE310XBA Chromebook 4 11.6

SAMSUNG XE310XBA Chromebook 4 11.6" Intel N4020 4GB 32GB CLEAN UP TO DATE X3 LOT

$89.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$20.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00