-
saved myconfig, term. server won't start...SOLVED
I setup term. server & ether card, then did the "Save KNOPPIX Configuration"
in the menu, rebooted & typed at prompt;
boot: knoppix myconfig=/dev/hda3 home=/dev/hda3/knoppix.img
I booted the client & it wouldn't boot from the term. server.
Knoppix 3.3 poormans HD install on /hda1, & booting from floppy.
It works fine when I manually set it up, does the
"save config." not work for the T. server? .......... What am I missing?
=== SOLVED:
ACTUALLY the config. was saved, term. server just wasn't starting.
The config file "/mnt/hda3/knoppix.sh" can be used to run commands
& shell scripts at boot, yours may be in a different place from mine.
In this file I put the line: /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver start
The term. server now starts automatically.
-
auto reply
I've looked all over & seen a lot of people asking this same question.
I haven't seen any answers though, seems such a simple thing.
The saved Knoppix configuration doesn't seem to be configuring the
term. server or ether card, thought maybe it just wasn't starting them.
Here's a web link to a setup using "/knoppix/knoppix.sh" to run scripts
at boot that could be used to configure all kinds of Knoppix stuff.
http://staff.washington.edu/gray/KnoppixCFguide.html
-
PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
I found the file: /etc/init.d/knoppix-terminalserver is what the menu item
"Start Terminal Server" runs.
Experimenting I guessed that it might take command line arguments, it did!
To configure the term. server just run the file & the GUI dialogs will startup.
To start the term. server the command is: knoppix-terminalserver start.
I ran the menu items: Save Knoppix Configuration & Create Persistant Home
to restore Knoppix's configuration setup & home directory when rebooting.
The file knoppix.sh stores config. info & is run at boot, so just add commands
to it & they're run at boot, my file is at /mnt/hda3, yours is where you put it.
I added at the bottom of knoppix.sh the line: knoppix-terminalserver start
The term. server & ether config. are restored & the term. server is started.
Similar Threads
-
By smhall05 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2008, 10:16 PM
-
By django in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-07-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By Shredder958 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM
-
By jimmydean in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box
$90.98

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67