Less than 1 month
1 to 2 months
3 to 4 months
4 to 6 months
Hi,
I'm interested in remastering knoppix so that it runs webserver which performs protein structure analyses, and was interested in hearing the community's opinions as to its suitability. In particular I'm interested in how stable it is- I believe that it is based on Debian testing, though people who know assure me that this is very stable already. I am interested in a stability in the order of months if it is to be useful. In addition, I would need to add two non-root users rather than one. I would also need to install several non-debian packages, though it is not clear to me that this should pose a problem. At present the server runs from a red hat based machine, and the alternative to using knoppix would be to use tools to make a live cd from the machine as it stands (such as mklivecd) or to install the server onto a distro (such as Mandrake) which comes with tools to make a live cd of what is already installed. I'm new to remastering and to debian, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08