-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
fingers99
The easiest way would be something like a 6GB drive to hold / and swap (but half a gig is ample swap) and a 20GB drive as /home. That would allow for an easy peasy reinstall/update. But if you're set on using one drive then:
Thats a good idea, but unfortunately this PC is max'd out on the IDE bus the primary has a HD, that can not be changed, plus the secondary for Linux. The second IDE channel has a 32x CD-ROM and a ancient 6206 CD-RW in it. I've got an old NEC 4x4 drive still in the case (full tower ) that I had to disconnect since Linux doesn't seem to like them and I needed the IDE slot for the Linux HD. Probably going to move it to another old PC so I can put it back to use.
Unfortunately making alot of changes to the hardware here is not possible for a couple of legacy reasons. I need to leave the one HD in for now.
I'll consider this route when I build the next uber PC for the linux side

Originally Posted by
fingers99
/4Gb
swap 1/2Gb
/home the rest
This looks to be the way I'll go.
Similar Threads
-
By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
-
By jwg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-25-2007, 03:34 PM
-
By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
-
By dbabcock46 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 06:08 AM
-
By hnt in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

Vintage Retro IBM Model F XT 5Pin DIN Mechanical Clicky PC Keyboard Clean
$129.00

Vintage Apple Computer Promotional EMPTY CASE Shoe Shine Box Gadget Storage Rare
$59.99

DayStar Digital Turbo 040 Macintosh Accelerator Card Motorola 68040RC40 Vintage
$599.00

Vintage NEW Microsoft Home Mouse 9-Pin Serial Port Sealed In Box W/ Disk
$269.62

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99

Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used
$47.99