Well this is how I got the sound to work on my Thinkpad 600E.
Open a shell and logon as root and type
insmod sound
insmod ad1848
insmod uart401
insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2-0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
this will load the correct drivers, however you will have to enter this everytime you reboot so if anyone out there has a script that will run these commands on boot I would appreciate hearing from you.
Update: I finally got the mods above to load at boot what I did was create a file with the above commands and saved it as cs4232 in the /etc folder and made it executable.
Then cd to /etc/rc5.d and ran
ln -s /etc/cs4232 S98cs4232
this created the symlink and I then rebooted the laptop and sound loaded on start.
[b]How do create the file and make the saved file executable?Thanks

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46