Has anyone read any information regarding this issue? I'm having trouble finding the wlanctl-ng command.
Has anyone read any information regarding this issue? I'm having trouble finding the wlanctl-ng command.
You are not the only one... my DWL-122 is now driver-less.
It used to be cryptic commands but fairly simple. On older Knoppix I just ran
rmmod prism2_usb
modprobe prism2_usb
wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
and so on (newbie looking for howto .. search google for above line)
no such luck on knoppix 3.8
Prism2_isb.o and friends are on 3.7 (at least in the professional edition). But only for the 2.4 kernel, there is no prism2_usb.ko. Knoppix 3.8.1 uses a '2.6.11 SMP preemt 386 gcc 3.3' kernel. With more restrictive version checks in the 2.6 kernels, you need kernel modules for exactly that kernel (or, but I don't know the details, module versions, which usually are not enabled in a kernel). Google finds some wlan-ng packages (look for linux-wlan-ng-2.6.11) built for 2.6.11 kernels, but the ones I saw and tried do not load. Dmesg shows the reason: a version mismatch with the above kernel version (where I assume the missing SMP is the killer, but I don't know, yet). Also, 'insmod -f' does not (or does no longer) do what you might expect it would do for you.
You can get the sources, but, you can't compile them with Knoppix 3.8.1. The kernel include files are there, but for 2.6 kernel modules you need more, a real Makefile (not a leftover one) and scripts.
The only way is to get someone with the above kernel to compile the modules for us. At least Klaus should have one.
thanks for the reply, does anyone know if this problem has been fixed in version 3.8.2?
Originally Posted by aebp
I don't think so. I have tried my cisco 350 adapter and it does not work. It works fine in older versions of knoppix.

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95
Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory
$199.95