Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

    Downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and love it! Long time RedHat and Fedora user, but Knoppix is great for some in-house projects we want to dig into! Kudos! FYI, I tried running on Dell Inspiron 8200 and 5000, and both work great!

    For testing some DMZ's I have, I want to setup a temp website. I saw it has apache (good!) but want to configure the httpd.conf to point to a usb key which has some .html files. Of course, the boot cd won't allow me to save to the cd, so I tried to save the httpd.conf to sda1 (USB key), and no workie. Says it cannot save or not enough space.

    How can I configure the httpd and other apache setttings with knoppix, and plan on saving those (to a usb key)?

    I know I can save my knoppix config (desktop, network settings, XF86Config, yaddayadda...) to the usb and I've done so successfully...

  2. #2
    If you want to save your configuration, I would really recommend a hard drive install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2
    Sure, but I can do that with any Linux variant...and I'd stick with my Fedora if that was the case.

    Cool thing about Knoppix is... I'd like to just use a laptop or Desktop without access to a HDD, and for temporary or testing purposes, use a Knoppix cd for easy setup of mock or test DMZ.

    Or I can do it the old fashon way, Clone a desktop, install Fedora, test, then re-Clone back original. Just trying to cut down time.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix rocks and you guys are great!
    By knoppixrox in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 01:58 PM
  2. knoppix 3.4 ---> great job
    By sharlila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 12:17 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 04:51 AM
  4. Great Knoppix article @ IBM developerworks
    By monkymind in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
  5. Knoppix is great!
    By paulnasca in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included picture

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included

$299.99