Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

    Downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and love it! Long time RedHat and Fedora user, but Knoppix is great for some in-house projects we want to dig into! Kudos! FYI, I tried running on Dell Inspiron 8200 and 5000, and both work great!

    For testing some DMZ's I have, I want to setup a temp website. I saw it has apache (good!) but want to configure the httpd.conf to point to a usb key which has some .html files. Of course, the boot cd won't allow me to save to the cd, so I tried to save the httpd.conf to sda1 (USB key), and no workie. Says it cannot save or not enough space.

    How can I configure the httpd and other apache setttings with knoppix, and plan on saving those (to a usb key)?

    I know I can save my knoppix config (desktop, network settings, XF86Config, yaddayadda...) to the usb and I've done so successfully...

  2. #2
    If you want to save your configuration, I would really recommend a hard drive install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2
    Sure, but I can do that with any Linux variant...and I'd stick with my Fedora if that was the case.

    Cool thing about Knoppix is... I'd like to just use a laptop or Desktop without access to a HDD, and for temporary or testing purposes, use a Knoppix cd for easy setup of mock or test DMZ.

    Or I can do it the old fashon way, Clone a desktop, install Fedora, test, then re-Clone back original. Just trying to cut down time.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix rocks and you guys are great!
    By knoppixrox in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 01:58 PM
  2. knoppix 3.4 ---> great job
    By sharlila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 12:17 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 04:51 AM
  4. Great Knoppix article @ IBM developerworks
    By monkymind in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
  5. Knoppix is great!
    By paulnasca in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$279.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is) picture

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)

$239.75



Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is) picture

Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)

$239.75



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$200.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy picture

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy

$499.99



ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C picture

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C

$45.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99