Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix is great!! Q's on Apache

    Downloaded Knoppix 3.7 and love it! Long time RedHat and Fedora user, but Knoppix is great for some in-house projects we want to dig into! Kudos! FYI, I tried running on Dell Inspiron 8200 and 5000, and both work great!

    For testing some DMZ's I have, I want to setup a temp website. I saw it has apache (good!) but want to configure the httpd.conf to point to a usb key which has some .html files. Of course, the boot cd won't allow me to save to the cd, so I tried to save the httpd.conf to sda1 (USB key), and no workie. Says it cannot save or not enough space.

    How can I configure the httpd and other apache setttings with knoppix, and plan on saving those (to a usb key)?

    I know I can save my knoppix config (desktop, network settings, XF86Config, yaddayadda...) to the usb and I've done so successfully...

  2. #2
    If you want to save your configuration, I would really recommend a hard drive install.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Wadsworth, OH
    Posts
    2
    Sure, but I can do that with any Linux variant...and I'd stick with my Fedora if that was the case.

    Cool thing about Knoppix is... I'd like to just use a laptop or Desktop without access to a HDD, and for temporary or testing purposes, use a Knoppix cd for easy setup of mock or test DMZ.

    Or I can do it the old fashon way, Clone a desktop, install Fedora, test, then re-Clone back original. Just trying to cut down time.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix rocks and you guys are great!
    By knoppixrox in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 01:58 PM
  2. knoppix 3.4 ---> great job
    By sharlila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 12:17 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 04:51 AM
  4. Great Knoppix article @ IBM developerworks
    By monkymind in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
  5. Knoppix is great!
    By paulnasca in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive picture

Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive

$49.00



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99