Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.8.1 boot up problem.

  1. #1

    Knoppix 3.8.1 boot up problem.

    I burned the iso to a cd, and I insert it into my computer, but it dosn't detect the cd.

    I have a version of 3.4 and 3.6 and they both work..

    I tried knoppix noscsi hoping that may fix it, but it didn't

    When I insert it into my computer, and when it is looking at the hdc (which is the device for the cd rom), I hear it spin up, then down, then up then down..


    So my question is, do you think I have a bad burn or something? Any comments. (BTW, I got the iso from the torrent)

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Knoppix 3.8.1 boot up problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by quickbasicguru
    So my question is, do you think I have a bad burn or something?
    I think you burnt it wrong. See the downloading faq, follow the documentation link at the top of this page. Burn it as an image and burn it slow (4x or no faster than 8x). Congratulations on checking the md5 sum though, many people do not, but Bittorrent does it's own checks (unlike downloading from the mirrors) so it's a much more reliable download than from the mirrors.

  3. #3
    I burnt it as a image in K3b.

    I guess I'll try it agian.

Similar Threads

  1. Boot loader problem with XP Pro/Knoppix Dual boot
    By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
  2. Knoppix ISO boot problem
    By horizon981 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 02:10 PM
  3. Knoppix 4.02 Boot Problem
    By Ravian in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 09:25 PM
  4. knoppix boot problem
    By jtmech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 08:00 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.6 boot problem
    By Stingray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$95.99



SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5

Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5" F9NWJ 12Gbps HDD AL15SEB24EQY Hard Drive w/ Caddy

$324.99



RDS Remote Desktop Service For Server 2025, RDS 2025 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS Remote Desktop Service For Server 2025, RDS 2025 50 User/Device Connections

$69.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99