Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: trouble booting version 3.7

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    but I dont see any md5 files how can I check than sorry of my ignorance and I just realize that I have Nero 5 and not 5.5 . Cant find file menu in here but there was an option of burning image I choose that it brought me to open files choose (iso nrg ) than saw the iso . file to burn choose it and burn it and iot did but end result is a nrg file that is all

  2. #12
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by justamailman
    but I dont see any md5 files how can I check than sorry of my ignorance
    There should be md5 files on the same site that you got your iso from. If not, all of the mirrors should have the same ISO files, so the md5 from any of the mirrors would work. Just be sure that you get the one with the same name as your ISO file, just with an md5 on the end.

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    the check sum is ok but I guess my Nero is not

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    For those without ISO burning ability (most new HP computers don't come with anything to burn ISO)
    TeraByte has a great little (sigh Windows) program. http://terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/burncdcc.zip

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    thank you all I finally got it done with my Nero 5 as described before but used a speed of 4X and it work this time

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    Interesting but can we connect on the net from this to see it working and is there a cost to it?

  7. #17
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by justamailman
    Interesting but can we connect on the net from this to see it working and is there a cost to it?
    I do not understand what you are asking here. You might want to reword this and ask again.

    Quote Originally Posted by justamailman
    thank you all I finally got it done with my Nero 5 as described before but used a speed of 4X and it work this time
    I'm glad that you got it working this time. Too many people don't seem to believe the warnings about needing to burn the disk slowly. I'm not clear on why you had so much trouble with Nero 5.x though, even after you were aimed in the right direction, Could you explain what caused the confusion so that we might know to avoid it with others?

  8. #18
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10
    Sorry for my english
    well I think the problem was the driver(myself), not very litterate in ISO process. I did probably burn it before but too fast and it give me a file .nrg alone. Like I said before my Nero there is no file menu so I was confused there but finally saw at the bottom disc image and tried that first too fast and than as you suggest slowly but sure. I just open my Nero again and right at the beginning screen running it says again Nero 5.5 and in the program there is a popup somewhere inviting us to go to faster Nero 5.5 so I assume that I was not having it. Now I dont know what I have very confusing. When I said 5 it was after I had seen that popup.
    For my last question I will try to be more clear. I boot with Knoppix, browse in there many place and saw that we can connect to the internet somewhere but could not configure it for some reason . I wanted to try the possibilities of Linux and see how everything work but again so new to all of this probably don't understand how to do it. May be there is something I am not aware of. Just would like to try it more. I hope it is better this time

  9. #19
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by justamailman
    For my last question I will try to be more clear. I boot with Knoppix, browse in there many place and saw that we can connect to the internet somewhere but could not configure it for some reason . I wanted to try the possibilities of Linux and see how everything work but again so new to all of this probably don't understand how to do it. May be there is something I am not aware of. Just would like to try it more. I hope it is better this time
    How you connect to the Internet depends on you and your service provider. Of course your service provider likely charges you for access, but there should be no additional cost for Knoppix or Linux. But sometimes because of poor equipment choices there are problems that do lead to extra expenses.

    I connect through a DSL system. I always use a router with DSL. When I boot knoppix it get's it's configuration information automatically from the router, I'm on the Internet as soon as the boot finished (I usually just click on one of the links in the open browser window just to be sure everything is working). No setup is needed at all in this case, and nothing has been saved from session to session. I think that the same would be the case for a cable user even without a router, but one would be very foolish to run on high speed cable without the hardware firewall a router provides.

    DSL users who insist on running without a router may need to run the PPPoE software (common in the U.S., or PPPoA software in the U.K.) Other areas may have slightly different versions of such software. Generally a hardware router sold in your area takes care of this for you, so if you are on DSL with a router you do not need to mess with PPPoE, without one you likely do.

    High speed users who let themselves be provided with, or worse sold, a high speed connection with a USB interface rather than the more standard eithernet interface have more problems. There are some reports in these forums of people getting such things working, but they are a source of problems. And their use prevents the use of a hardware router, and the utility and protection it offers.

    Dial-up users fall into two broad groups. Dial up users who have real hardware modems generally have no problems. Of course the software has to be told the number to dial, their account login information and so on, but most users seem to be able to deal with this. Unfortunately, a recent trend in modems is to replace much of the dedicate hardware with just a simple A to D , D to A chip and make the computer do much of the work by running specisl digital procesing software in the computer. Unfortunately, the software provided for this usually works only under Windoes and these modems have come to be marketed as "WinModems". This is an amazingly stupid trend, it sucks a lot of computing power and locks you into a lot of Operating System issues. Microsoft must like it and I expect they did a lot to promote it. It also makes very little sense in a world where even a greeting card may have a computer and the other costs for the computer's modem's circuit board, connections and the rest are already there. The real cost savings in making a WinModem rather than a real modem must be in pennies, not dollars, but the trend continues. The Linux world has writen their own software to get some such modems to work, but it's a problem with each new modem. Of you are on a dial-up service and have a real hardware modem then you should have no probblem dialing in with a Knoppix based system. If you have a software modem then your sucess may depend on what brand and model of modem (and what chipset it uses).

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1
    Hi,

    My final CD (V3.8) look like this, but still wont boot in Knoppix.
    /boot
    /KNOPPIX
    /autorun.bat
    /autorun.inf
    /autorun
    /cdrom.ico
    /index.html

    I am hving a Win 2K O/S with NTFS parition. Do you think this is the problem. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting
    By britonk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
  2. Trouble with booting
    By Blaurens in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 11:07 PM
  3. trouble booting
    By njmetalmeister in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
  4. Trouble Booting
    By Polo2883 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
  5. trouble on booting
    By joinf in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-32GTZR picture

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16D-32GTZR

$159.99



CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz Desktop RAM Memory  picture

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz Desktop RAM Memory

$225.00



Lot of 8 PIECES: Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz KVR32N22D8/32 Desktop Memory Ram picture

Lot of 8 PIECES: Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz KVR32N22D8/32 Desktop Memory Ram

$1299.00



SK hynix 16GB DDR5 5600 PC5-5600B 262-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC RAM picture

SK hynix 16GB DDR5 5600 PC5-5600B 262-Pin SO-DIMM Non-ECC RAM

$200.00



Kingston DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SCO-12 picture

Kingston DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SCO-12

$59.99



Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR3 1600MHz BLS2KIT8G3D1609DS1S00 picture

Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR3 1600MHz BLS2KIT8G3D1609DS1S00

$25.00



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



Patriot Viper Steel RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL20 Desktop RAM picture

Patriot Viper Steel RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL20 Desktop RAM

$65.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99