Your modem is hardware modem, it MUST work. Unfortunately, I am not expert for modems. Maybe this can help you:
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/PCImodems.html
In Knoppix 3.2 I was able to create a connection using pppconfig and pon but this no longer works in 3.8. KPPP with any ttySx does not work. ttyS4 returns as "The Modem is busy" as do several other choices. The few that show "Modem Ready" return no codes from the modem querry. I can create the config file in pppconfig but pon returns, making no attempt to connect. This modem works well in RH9 and FC2, Linspire Live and K3.2 using ttyS4. Ubuntu also fails with this modem. I read somewhere that the problem may lie in the 2.6.x kernel.
Phone modems are still the most common connection type in the US despite all the newer technology. Linux developers need to attend to these details and not mess them up with succeeding revisions if this OS is ever to attain widespread acceptance on the desktop.
Paul
Your modem is hardware modem, it MUST work. Unfortunately, I am not expert for modems. Maybe this can help you:
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/PCImodems.html

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00