Your modem is hardware modem, it MUST work. Unfortunately, I am not expert for modems. Maybe this can help you:
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/PCImodems.html
In Knoppix 3.2 I was able to create a connection using pppconfig and pon but this no longer works in 3.8. KPPP with any ttySx does not work. ttyS4 returns as "The Modem is busy" as do several other choices. The few that show "Modem Ready" return no codes from the modem querry. I can create the config file in pppconfig but pon returns, making no attempt to connect. This modem works well in RH9 and FC2, Linspire Live and K3.2 using ttyS4. Ubuntu also fails with this modem. I read somewhere that the problem may lie in the 2.6.x kernel.
Phone modems are still the most common connection type in the US despite all the newer technology. Linux developers need to attend to these details and not mess them up with succeeding revisions if this OS is ever to attain widespread acceptance on the desktop.
Paul
Your modem is hardware modem, it MUST work. Unfortunately, I am not expert for modems. Maybe this can help you:
http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/PCImodems.html

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$305.01
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99