-
Can't run X11 from HD install after power outage - Help!
I am new to linux. I installed Knoppix 3.6 to my HD. It worked great. I was experiementing with the power, (this is a Laptop) and lost power while Knoppix was running on HD. The next time it booted, it went to the terminal login. I could login, but no x win. I played around with it, booted from the CD, went in under root and ran fsck on the /dev/hda1 among some other things. I don't know what I did that fixed it, I tried booting it again on the HD and it worked and went into X11. So I keep playing around with it and loose power again, and now I can't get it to go into X11 anymore. I tried the startx command, I can't remember exactly what it said, but it wouldn't run.
It was my understanding that fsck is like scandisk, so that is why I ran it thinking that something was messed up in the journaling or something on my ext3 partition.
Any suggestions or help is appreciated!!
Similar Threads
-
By mio in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2006, 08:09 AM
-
By spiwokv in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
-
By Cowboy7704 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By Cowboy7704 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 03:49 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50