-
Dell XPS 8400 won't boot Knoppix 3.8. Any cheats for this?
I help a friend out with selling his stuff on EBAY. He just dropped a load of $ on a Dell XPS 8400(or something like that) and it's got dual 250 mb drives in a RAID array. It's got XP home on it and it's just godawful, After about 20 minutes I want to beat it with a stick. My 3 yr old computer boots faster in Win2k. So I figure, I'll run Knoppix on it. I DL'd 3.8; but the thing locks right up after saying it's going to boot. And I mean it REALLY locks up. You have to unplug the box, cos the power switch won't even work. Reminds me of older crapples when you got "The Bomb". Now if you want this machine to boot from CD, you have to go into the BIOS and specify it; it defaults to the HD even if a bootable CD is in the drive if you don't. Also I noticed you get two Tuxes on the boot screen. Should I use one of my older versions?
Similar Threads
-
By JPWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 09:47 PM
-
By hj.geiss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By JPWhite in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 05:15 AM
-
By xhectorx in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 05:26 PM
-
By bsoderror in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99