Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Flickering screen (newbie question)

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    14

    Flickering screen (newbie question)

    I have knoppix v3.3 installed on my desktop for quite sometime now. Everytime (from day one) when it starts up, after some lilo messages I get a message saying something like "Uknown mode passed press <RETURN> to check available modes or <SPACE> to go ahead or wait for 30 seconds" Till few days ago, pressing space used to work, and I was able to get into KDE. I don't remember what I did annoyed the computer and now clean starts flickering when it tries to load up 'X11' related things. I think it fails to execute some "insmod i810" module and mentions some qrong parameters are passed just before the flickering starts. I have had some problems with the HDD before which I am about to replace this soon (in next few days) but am not sure if this has got to do with HDD getting corrupt. From reading other posts, I would guess I need to start knoppix with some different startup parameters but I am not sure how to get boot prompt for knoppix installed on HDD

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    14
    One thing I forgot to mention, Knoppix starts fine from CD

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix.img gives a screen of flickering horizontal lines
    By hat_monkey in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 09:05 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 07:27 PM
  3. Flickering screen
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 06:53 PM
  4. Flickering screen
    By zoolander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 12:23 PM
  5. Newbie question: How to change screen refresh rate...
    By rogerrog in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX picture

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX

$42.00



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH picture

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH

$59.99