-
Emulation
this is a wild off the wall suggestion, but I would like to see KNOPPIX to be able to run with out having to restart your computer first. This can be easily done, as this is how I normally run KNOPPIX, you would just have to include a PC emulator on the CD root. However, most free emulators have very poor performance and are too big and have to include versions for all platforms. If anyone thinks that they can have this done though, I would really like to see it. I don't expect it to be done on a CD though, maybe a DVD? Just a wish I have.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Seems like that would be REALY slow. What exactly do you gain? I mean Okay, it might shave 10seconds off the time to load knoppix, but then you're talking about cutting the speed by a good 50% or so I'd think.
-
Senior Member
registered user
www.vmware.com speeds up knoppix, at least for me, ut then again, i boot off an image on the hard drive rather than a cd..... this also allows me to remaster without burning cds when i want to test.
Similar Threads
-
By kb in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 06:51 PM
-
By rduncan1 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By davefarber in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:30 AM
-
By wirefist in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:35 PM
-
By KOKIDD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 08:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99