Hi, Knoppix 3.8.1 dosen't detect my video card, a RADEON 9600. I think that because of this my screen is having a low refresh rate. It was detected in Knoppix 3.7(PC Welt Edition). Please help.
Hi, Knoppix 3.8.1 dosen't detect my video card, a RADEON 9600. I think that because of this my screen is having a low refresh rate. It was detected in Knoppix 3.7(PC Welt Edition). Please help.
Not that I'm going to be much help, but 3.8.1 at least detected my chip, a Radeon 9000, it just would not start an xserver for it. It's a kinda strange message that says can't find a suitable xserver for the video card, and after several tries at different resolutions, it gives up. I haven't found a solution as yet, but in your situation I would think there's something broken with the the iso as knoppix is usually very good at detecting hardware.
I know that's not much help, but I have a 3.7 live Cd that does detect my hardware and starts X and KDE just fine. The 3.8.1 version detects the hardware, it just won't start X, but it complains about the video card.
roofer
I think it has something to do with the fact that 3.8.1 forces kernal 2.6. In my (very limited) experience kernal 2.4, which is the default in 3.7, plays much better with radeon cards. The problem is that 3.7 is now quite outdated(no UnionFS, outdated packages etc.). Mabye in the next release 2.4 will again be optional, just like 2.6 was. But again, I'm just guessing and I know that space is limited in a 700 mb disk. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3
$200.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
SK hynix 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH Server Memory
$300.00
lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB DDR5 memory kit, 2x16GB
$329.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50