Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Remove No dhcp from boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1

    Remove No dhcp from boot

    I have installed Knoppix on my hard disk. Each time at boot it says it is ignoring DHCP as reqested from the command line. I am not using any boot options since it is installed on the hard disk. Which file do I need to change. Everytime after a reboot I must re-configure the network card DHCP. I also tried static IP and those settings aren't saved either.

    I understand that I can use boot options if I am running the live CD. I need to know where to change the boot options on a hard disk installed copy.

    Thanks

    Lennard

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    etc/lilo.conf is your file. Change it, I do this usually from Konqueror, in grafic way. After that, you must go to terminal as root and perform "lilo". There will be a mesage with result of operation.

Similar Threads

  1. dhcp at boot?
    By donald in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2007, 11:56 PM
  2. remove sound messages on boot (and some more qestions)
    By artik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 10:43 PM
  3. how to remove /boot/knoppix.{img,sh}
    By diresu in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 06:19 AM
  4. Another 4.0.2 dhcp boot freeze
    By zoltanthegypsy in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 04:57 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2005, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00