Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: booting from pcmcia cd-rom--"card services"?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3

    booting from pcmcia cd-rom--"card services"?

    I'd like to run knoppix from the cd-rom of my laptop. I've been reading about a knoppix floppy here and there, that has the kernel on it. The newer kernel is too large for this so which versions of knoppix are slim enough so that I can make a floppy to boot knoppix from the cd? I've tried SBM, but I can't get it to work. I download the two dos files and attempt to install to the floppy ('sbminst -d 0') and it says sucessful, but when I try booting from the floppy, there is nothing. Ok, so this is really two questions. Any help?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3

    mkbootfloppy

    does not appear to exist on version 3.8

    how can I use this script while in 3.8?

Similar Threads

  1. How does Knoppix handle "home=" when booting "
    By GCMartin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 04:44 PM
  2. Error Message: "PCMCIA found, starting cardmgr." -
    By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
  4. Debian(Knoppix? on HD) "locks" when PCMCIA card is
    By dgr72371 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
  5. KDE "Initializing System Services"
    By mark_53 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08