-
3.8.1 freezing on 'Checking for for USB'
3.8.1 freezing on 'Checking for for USB'.
md5 confirmed... running from cd-rom. Has multiple USB sockets, two being used - one for keyboard and one for mouse.
When booting, knoppix nousb at prompt results in successful start up. However... keyboard and mouse are both USB, so makes navigation very difficult...
All suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Rob
-
No replies?
Sorry, yes, I'm a newbie, but I pick things up real quick!
Can anyone please help here with any suggestions, no matter how pedestrian they may seem... some guidance to help me through this darkened wilderness... something to get me over this one hurdle... before I despatch it to the bin... (sorry... human nature and everything)...
-
USB keyboard/mouse
I'm a newbie too, and I had the same problem. I solved it by typing in this cheat code at boot:
knoppix nousb2
I don't know if that will solve your problem, but it's worth a shot.
Good luck!
-
I had the same problem and typed in acpi=force or noacpi (but i also had initializing piped out from start up to shutdown)
Similar Threads
-
By badbob463 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-11-2008, 05:27 PM
-
By RoyalMail in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 02:56 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 03:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

ASRock H410M/MC mATX LGA 1155 DDR4 m.2 WiFi Motherboard w/ IO Plate + FAN
$70.00

Dell Inspiron 3647 Motherboard 2YRK5 3647 i5-4460S 2.9GHz CPU
$50.00