Well, I've been using Knoppix from about 3.3 and since then I have a couple of suggestions that could improve the look of Knoppix without too much effort...
1. Use Plastik theme and widgets by default. Not only is the default in 3.4, but it's also much better than keramik, which I personally find hideous.
2. Use Bitstream Vera fonts by default. They look so much better than helvetica, even more when antialiased.
By the way, I'm just amazed at 3.8... It boots FAST on my PC. It could be, anyway, that I've been using a remastered edition customized for spanish language.
Other ideas, but more personal, are to include amsn by default (great help to windows booters, as it is very similar to the original msn messenger, widely used... anyway it's not important anymore, as apt-get works just great), and of course to include kde 3.4, openoffice 1.1.4 instead of 1.1.2 (in my remix, I could be wrong! supposedly it uses the same versions, just in spanish language!), AND xorg, though I guess that's a major problem because of it not being in the debian repo's (at least not outside testing... I use it happily in ubuntu by the way).
Keep up the good work!. 3.8 is just awesome!.

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13
$79.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95
Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Acer Aspire TC-1775-UR11, i5-14400, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Win 11 Home
$499.98