-
A few usability suggestions
Well, I've been using Knoppix from about 3.3 and since then I have a couple of suggestions that could improve the look of Knoppix without too much effort...
1. Use Plastik theme and widgets by default. Not only is the default in 3.4, but it's also much better than keramik, which I personally find hideous.
2. Use Bitstream Vera fonts by default. They look so much better than helvetica, even more when antialiased.
By the way, I'm just amazed at 3.8... It boots FAST on my PC. It could be, anyway, that I've been using a remastered edition customized for spanish language.
Other ideas, but more personal, are to include amsn by default (great help to windows booters, as it is very similar to the original msn messenger, widely used... anyway it's not important anymore, as apt-get works just great), and of course to include kde 3.4, openoffice 1.1.4 instead of 1.1.2 (in my remix, I could be wrong! supposedly it uses the same versions, just in spanish language!), AND xorg, though I guess that's a major problem because of it not being in the debian repo's (at least not outside testing... I use it happily in ubuntu by the way).
Keep up the good work!. 3.8 is just awesome!.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-12-2010, 01:12 PM
-
By kayl in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 11:14 PM
-
By nitropowered in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 06:55 AM
-
By postjm9 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By RandomGoon in forum The Lounge
Replies: 12
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

HP Samsung PM871b 2.5 SATA SSD 256GB Solid state drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99