Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: How to NFS remount /home

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    Fix 3.3, OR get 3.8 ... IF term. serv. works on HD install

    HD installed, server comes up, client gets pxe reply, & mounts /cdrom.
    Then says cannot NFS mount /KNOPPIX... dropping to limited shell.
    I guess if the Knoppix CD were in the drive it might have worked.
    Not what's wanted anyway.

    It's come back to me now, I've been here before, poormans worked.
    3.8 is best no doubt, if I have to fix it also, I may as well begin now.
    I have dialup, but have friends with cable, I'll tell you when it's on HD.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    FINALLY...READY!!!

    It's been awhile, I tried both my friends with HiSpeed Internet & nether
    could dnld a damn cd & get it burned!
    Anyway I bought Knoppix 3.8.1 & Kanotix, I'm ready to go...finally!

    Same as 3.3 hd install, term. server still doesn't work in a hd install.
    I think separating the server os from the client os is a good idea.
    Besides the server os only needs admin. tools & not much for apps.

    Would it be a good idea to start a new post for this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. $HOME directory (/home/knoppix) is out of disk space
    By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
  2. Persistent Home
    By staran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
  3. home automounting
    By donnyriyadi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 01:10 AM
  4. Partition /home
    By al.rovelli in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 12:56 AM
  5. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health picture

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health

$360.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA  HDD picture

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD

$14.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers picture

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers

$164.95



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99