Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: How to NFS remount /home

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    Fix 3.3, OR get 3.8 ... IF term. serv. works on HD install

    HD installed, server comes up, client gets pxe reply, & mounts /cdrom.
    Then says cannot NFS mount /KNOPPIX... dropping to limited shell.
    I guess if the Knoppix CD were in the drive it might have worked.
    Not what's wanted anyway.

    It's come back to me now, I've been here before, poormans worked.
    3.8 is best no doubt, if I have to fix it also, I may as well begin now.
    I have dialup, but have friends with cable, I'll tell you when it's on HD.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    FINALLY...READY!!!

    It's been awhile, I tried both my friends with HiSpeed Internet & nether
    could dnld a damn cd & get it burned!
    Anyway I bought Knoppix 3.8.1 & Kanotix, I'm ready to go...finally!

    Same as 3.3 hd install, term. server still doesn't work in a hd install.
    I think separating the server os from the client os is a good idea.
    Besides the server os only needs admin. tools & not much for apps.

    Would it be a good idea to start a new post for this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. $HOME directory (/home/knoppix) is out of disk space
    By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
  2. Persistent Home
    By staran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
  3. home automounting
    By donnyriyadi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 01:10 AM
  4. Partition /home
    By al.rovelli in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 12:56 AM
  5. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



Carrying Case for My Arcade Atari Gamestation Go Retro Video Games Console,Stand picture

Carrying Case for My Arcade Atari Gamestation Go Retro Video Games Console,Stand

$48.51