Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: How to NFS remount /home

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    Fix 3.3, OR get 3.8 ... IF term. serv. works on HD install

    HD installed, server comes up, client gets pxe reply, & mounts /cdrom.
    Then says cannot NFS mount /KNOPPIX... dropping to limited shell.
    I guess if the Knoppix CD were in the drive it might have worked.
    Not what's wanted anyway.

    It's come back to me now, I've been here before, poormans worked.
    3.8 is best no doubt, if I have to fix it also, I may as well begin now.
    I have dialup, but have friends with cable, I'll tell you when it's on HD.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    58

    FINALLY...READY!!!

    It's been awhile, I tried both my friends with HiSpeed Internet & nether
    could dnld a damn cd & get it burned!
    Anyway I bought Knoppix 3.8.1 & Kanotix, I'm ready to go...finally!

    Same as 3.3 hd install, term. server still doesn't work in a hd install.
    I think separating the server os from the client os is a good idea.
    Besides the server os only needs admin. tools & not much for apps.

    Would it be a good idea to start a new post for this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. $HOME directory (/home/knoppix) is out of disk space
    By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
  2. Persistent Home
    By staran in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
  3. home automounting
    By donnyriyadi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 01:10 AM
  4. Partition /home
    By al.rovelli in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 12:56 AM
  5. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH picture

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH

$649.95



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



48GB(6 x 8GB) Mixed Brand PC4-2666V DDR4 Desktop UDIMM RAM - R1051A picture

48GB(6 x 8GB) Mixed Brand PC4-2666V DDR4 Desktop UDIMM RAM - R1051A

$129.95



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz

$175.00